Facial shaping is a relatively new field of non-surgical Cosmetic Medicine. Over the last decade, products and techniques have improved to the point where we are not only able to treat or prevent the damage caused by the ageing process, we are now able to create structures and shapes that were never there to begin with, without producing a ‘plastic’ or ‘done’ appearance.
Results are natural and lasting. Some of the procedures that contribute to the ‘facial shaping’ treatments include:
- Cheek bone augmentation – create the appearance of strong and defined high cheekbones.
- Cheek Volumisation – create the appearance of fuller, more youthful cheeks by adding volume.
- Lip Augmentation and Volumisation – not only are we adding volume to lips, we are now creating stronger lip borders where there isn’t one and a cupid’s bow where there wasn’t one. Within reason, you can now select the type, shape and volume of lips you desire.
- Nose reshaping – reduce the appearance of bumps and deficits in the nose to produce a perfect, symmetrical nose.
- Chin reshaping – produce perfect facial symmetry, enhance your facial profile and balance your lower face by creating a better shaped chin.
- Creating a heart shaped face – a very popular treatment for Asian faces, who often desire a more heart shaped face than a rounded face.
- Jawline Augmentation – popular for those wanting to create a sharper and more defined jawline appearance.
- Temple Augmentation – this amazing treatment can lift the entire face, produce a more balanced upper face and completely reduce the appearance of sunken or tired eyes.
- Buccal Volumisation – this is a delicate treatment and helps those with a thin or gaunt appearance. Popular among those who have recently undergone significant weight loss which has left their face looking thin or gaunt.
As you can see, there’s an enormous amount of possibilities now available without having to have surgery. In fact, facial shaping is now being learned by plastic surgeons to replace many of their more traditional surgeries. These treatments are much safer, have little to no downtime, can be done in your lunch-break and are completely reversible if you don’t like the results. Depending on the treatment performed and product used, results last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Make an appointment with Dr Wilkinson to discuss the possibilities for you.